Saturday, July 05, 2008

Friday Saturday Frank: G-Spot Tornado; Berlin*, 1992



Darkblack recently sent me the link to this great Frank Zappa/Ensemble Modern performance; I'd posted it before--one day short of a year ago, in fact!--and felt it was due for a re-run. In addition to the energetic piece itself, this clip offers terrific (and to my weekend-warrior's aching limbs, kind of terrifying) high-octane interpretive dancing and several shots of one very bemused Zappa at the conductor's helm.

I'm going to be in and out of the 'Tubes for the next several weeks; please forgive my lightweight posting--not that I've ever been much of a heavyweight blogger at any point, but anyway...how much longer until school resumes?! *Enormous Sigh*

Happy Fireworks Weekend, everyone.

*I'm not 100% certain, and the YouTube poster doesn't say, but I seem to remember this concert as being held in Berlin?

Also at Cogitamus.

No comments:

Post a Comment